Monday, March 30, 2009

My parents came to visit!

To prepare for the wedding, my parents made the trip out to Wisconsin to spend some time with us, and to help us take care of some of the details of the wedding. We had a great time! We took my parents to Essen Haus, where I introduced my parents to the German drinking of Wisconsin, the rules of the boots, and good beer! Tim and I took them to Nifty Fifty, a restaurant decorated with 50s advertisements, TV shows, signs, and a juke box with the best oldies! Not to mention candy for 10 cents and classic burgers and shakes. Yum! I also showed them where I work, and my parents were excited to see the lab that I always talk about.

That Saturday we spent most of the day at Lake Windsor Golf Club. We did the food tasting, worked on the layout of the room, figured out the exact order of events, the timing of each thing, contact info for each vendor, etc. It took all day, required quite a number of arguments, but eventually we got everything all figured out. A whole lot of things done off of the To-Do List!

No comments: