Monday, October 26, 2009

Birthdays and Visitors

The month of October was a big birthday month for us. Although these are all quite belated, I would like to wish a happy birthday to Tim's dad John (October 5), my dad and Tim's mom Jennifer (October 7), and a happy anniversary to my parents (October 9). I would also like to wish a happy birthday to all of the September and October birthdays of our friends (there are far too many to name, and I don't want to deal with the awkward situation of leaving one out)!

In addition to all these birthdays, Tim and I have had visitors the past 3 weekends in a row! Three weeks ago, Tim's parents came down to visit us. It's always good to see them, especially since they spoil us by taking us out to eat and grocery shopping. We had a wonderful weekend with them. The following weekend our college friends Ben and Alex came down to attend the Iowa Wisconsin football game with Ben's dad (who flew in all the way from Oregon to see the game). They had a great time showing his dad and his buddy around Madison, and we got to see Ben and Alex! Last weekend we had a big group down to Madison just for hell of it. There was lots of drinking, lots of football watching, and lots of $1 bets placed on completely absurd things. Oh yeah, and if I was as good at real bowling as I am at Wii bowling, I'd be a rockstar (alas, that is not how the world works; maybe they can make a Wii Scientist to boost my ego too).

And coming up this weekend is Halloween, which is a city wide drunken celebration! I'm sure some entertaining pictures are to come!

1 comment:

Christine Harbin said...

What are you and Tim going to be for Halloween ?