Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Other Memorial Day Adventures

In addition to the SYAP reunion concert, I had a wonderful 4 day weekend with family and friends. Tim and I were home from Friday through Monday evening, so we had 4 solid days to relax in Stamford. Unfortunately bad weather delayed us in both directions (how is there always bad weather in the city we are travelling to, but not the one we are currently in?!?!). However we made it safe and sound to and from Stamford.

The first day home my parents took us to Grand Prix New York. My dad, the amateur car racer, said that this was the closest thing to racing a car he had done in a while, so I KNEW it was going to be fun. We got to do two 10-minute races on the bottom track (see link above). These carts can go up to 40 mph, and you are required to wear a full racing suit, and a helmet. These tracks are not the typical oval track at most go carts areas either, there are hair-pin turns and straightaways and strategy is actually involved! It was so much fun! I was able to prove that I am in fact a better driver than Tim, and my dad was able to prove that years of amateur racing experience trumps every skill we thought we had. It was a blast!

I also got to spend some time with my friends. I had a party at my parents house on Saturday night, and we ate fabulous home-made food (because it wouldn't be a party if my parents didn't hand make everything), and I got caught up with everyone on life and had a great time hanging out with everyone! I miss my friends from home so much, and I wish they were closer, so thanks to everyone who was able to make it :o) I also got to meet some people for breakfast at IHOP (always delicious!) before we left on Monday. Hopefully it won't be another year and a half before I can come home again!

The weather was beautiful, and we could not have had a better trip home! The reunion was great, and it was a good balance of friends and family. Hopefully I'll get to come home again soon! Thanks everyone for making our trip so fun!

No comments: