Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chicago to visit Athma

Dan decided to have his bachelor party in Madison, and I decided I didn't want to be around (because if they called me drunk to drive them somewhere, I was going to get pissed). I decided it would be much better use of my time if I went to visit a high school friend of mine in Chicago! So off I went to Chi-town!

I got down their Friday night, so I really only had just over a day in Chicago, and we covered a lot of ground! We had a barbeque with her neighbors Friday night, saw the Univeristy of Chicago campus on Saturday (where she is getting her doctorate), went to China town and enjoyed amazing food and beverages, went to a Mexican festival celebrating the 200th year of Mexican independence, got Indian food, and eventually headed back to watch and movie and catch up on gossip! Sunday we went to the Museum of Science and Industry, got sushi, and then I was off back to Madison. I think we made very good use of our time, and I had a blast in Chicago!


Visiting the campus of the Univeristy of Chicago



We went to Chinatown and a Mexican festival, where Athma and I both got some fun stuff!



Cupcake shops are becoming very popular in Chicago, and so we had to go and out the newest shop (delicious!!). Then we went to the top of the Sears Tower to get a great view of Chicago!



We went to the Museum of Science and Industry and had a great time!



We ended by getting sushi before I headed back to Wisconsin. It was a very fun trip!

No comments: