Tuesday, April 20, 2010

donating my hair!

For the third time, I have donated my hair to an organization that uses hair to make wigs for cancer patients. I only knew of one organization called Locks of Love, but when I went to Cost Cutters this time, they told me they donate to Wigs for Kids now, an organization that makes wigs specifically for children. I do not care where my hair goes, as long as it's not the trash, so I donated 10.5" to Wigs for Kids. I have donated 2 other times, both to Locks of Love, and I would encourage anyone to let their hair grow out and donate at least 10" to one of these organizations. It takes no effort for me to let my hair grow out, and I like to think that in some small way I'm helping someone else have a better day during a difficult time in their life :o) My haircut ended up being VERY short, shorter than I have ever cut it before, but it is already growing back in quickly! Here are some pictures from the day I cut it!


My camera is not the best, but here is a view of the front.


Another view of the front.


A view from the back.

I like my new haircut, but I can't wait until it grows in a bit so I can wear a normal ponytail again!

No comments: